Dec 24, 2009

Jimmy Beam is My Love

Sharing is caring - I believe this is a common phrase used to teach children. As a child, I believed it to be true. Now, as an adult, I am not as certain. Mine, mine, mine. There is a satisfaction that comes with ownership that is discovered as a child, and it is never completely distinguished in the adult.

Years ago I was introduced to a new breed of sunflower seeds, Jim Beam. I believe Shoe Hunter is responsible for this bliss. These seeds are unlike any other. Soaked in real Jim Beam Kentucky Bourbon, these seeds are larger and more crisp than any other variety I have tried. The taste enhances once the shell is cracked. David and Spitz are the Wizards and Clippers of seeds. Jim Beam is the Lakers or Celtics.

On to my moral, I offer some of these seeds to nearly anyone within reach while I am snacking. This is my first mistake. Red Potato Girl, along with a few other friends, has developed an affinity for the seeds. When they reach for the bag now, I often think to myself, "Get your own bag. These are mine."

It might be safe to say that an individual owns personal pleasure. I have concluded that some pleasures should remain private ... although, I am quite happy to share Jim Beam Sunflower Seeds.

Buy a pack online or check your local Maverick Gas Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment