Dec 4, 2009

The Cold War

I write best when I'm comfortably warm. Sixty-eight degrees is the maximum temperature within my parent's home, but this alone does not affect my writing. Yet, it is true that often times I can see my breath.

Man's body temperature fluctuates around 98.6 degrees. The spirit, I have discovered, is void of temperature. The soul, on the other hand, is a peculiar thing. Its temperature is based upon gravity, but not like gravity as man recognizes it most. The soul heats or cools based on the gravity of life circumstances. Its temperature, however, can be manipulated with practice. The temperature of my soul is usually around 72 degrees. It's quite odd, though, my soul temperature has recently aligned with the room temperature of my parent's house, 68.

My soul has cooled. I will warm it slowly. A quick heating back to 72 could be traumatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment