Apr 28, 2011

I Like Bums

The ERC (Employee Recognition Committee) in my office hands out $5 gift cards to employees that go above and beyond regular duties. The recipient is given options: Safeway, Einstein Bagel, Subway, or Starbucks. When I am so blessed to receive such an esteemed honor, I choose Subway. Today, I redeemed one of my ERC cards for lunch: foot-long meatball on jalapeno and cheddar.

I chose to eat outside with a co-worker. We were then harassed by a man claiming to be homeless. "Do you have a spare dollar?" he asked.
"No. Do you? I was just about to ask you the same question," responded my co-worker. The man stared at us and muttered something indistinguishable in homeless.

This brings me to the point I'm trying to make. Yes, the rumors are true. I went out with a homeless girl. It was a fun, unique, and interesting experience. I would have gone out with her again, but she was masquerading as a black woman. Turns out, her hair was just nappy and gross due to lack of proper cleaning. She later offered me certain favors in exchange for a place to stay. Like a fool, I declined.

FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment