Jun 16, 2010

PHX & COX

I moved to Phoenix, AZ. I work for Cox Media as a Research Analyst, and I am primarily responsible for cable programming. It's my job to know what's on TV and what time, day, and channel programs air. Eventually, I might know a lot about TV ... well, cable TV. As a perk, Cox provides me with free internet and virtually free cable TV (including expanded cable like NFL Network, Tennis Channel, HBO, etc).

I arrived to Phoenix, a city completely unfamiliar to me, on a Thursday and started my new job the next Monday. I had precious few days to search for an apartment. Fortunately, a high school friend of my mother's let me stay with her family while I searched. I found a place near the Phoenix Zoo.

For the first time in my life, I have my own apartment. I have access to a pool and spa, a fitness room, and even my own covered parking space. However, I did not have a bed, dresser, or any furniture when I moved-in to my new place. IKEA saved the day, and Wal-Mart of course ... and don't forget Family Dollar. I still don't have much, but I don't need much. Strangely, I keep finding that I need more, though. I am continually thinking of things I need in my apartment, like a vacuum for instance.

Buying stuff sucks, pardon the pun, but it can be fun. I am done buying "essentials" for now. Wait, I still need a couch, a lamp, a desk would be nice, a Crockpot, a nicer frying pan, a toaster ... the list goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I mostly just like that your mom is still friends with her high school friends.

    ReplyDelete